Saturday, June 8, 2013

More Signs from Sweden

Our return to Stockholm opened the door to a wealth of interesting signs. Hence, I have made an additional sign post. (pun intended)

This sign should get your attention.  
It got mine because Irene and I ate some deep-fried tarantula in Cambodia.

 

The sign above and the next three are from the Skansen Outdoor Museum in Stockholm.



This sign was so enticing that we had lunch there.



Stockholm has its share of food and beverage signs,






I couldn't decide whether to show this sign alone . . .



or with the accompanying flowers.


The next two were back to back.



 

In Sweden, hotdogs and sausages may come without a roll or with what seems to be a fragment of a rolls used to hold the sausage.


Th next photo creates pedestrian-only streets during much of the day in Gamla Stans, Stockholm's old city.


On this walking only street two rival businesses across from each other can't even agree on how to spell what they sell.











Pop music is big in Sweden, but this sign seems so American.


With my hearing deficits, I am particularly attuned to the next sign.



I had to look up Jotun, It is a brand of high quality paint.



This is the side of a semi delivering fruit and vegetables to the Royal Palace.



This is the front door of, guess what, the Nobel Museum.



A Google search revealed that this is the logo of the Childrens Cancer foundation.



I think this banner is self explanatory.


This is an information sign for a church.



This sign is on the inner entrance of Sankt Nikolai kyrka, most commonly known as Storkyrkan, the protestant cathedral in the old city, Gamla Stan.

The hebrew letters form the most sacred of the many hebrew words for The Lord.
This use of this name of The Lord appears in other places in the sanctuary, as well.



Irene and I saw humor in the Swedish word for elevator.



Folk music is alive and well in Stockholm.



I like the sign on this tourist bus line.



I also like this sign on the side of cruise ship AIDA. . .



and this one on the side of a catamaran.



Little ones to the left and big one to the right!



I think this one means, "No jaywalking;" but I wouldn't bet on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment