Sunday, June 2, 2013

Not so wild flowers from Scotland

I have decent internet for the first time in several weeks. This late posting is a sampling of flowers from Scotland. Most of them are cultivated rather than wild because Scotland had a cold wet sunless spring. I will only make a couple of comments; if I did more you would realize that I haven'y been able to identify quite a few of the flowers. They aren't all in my European wildfolwer book.

 


The next three flowers are varieties of cowslip, rare in Ireland, but much more plateful in Scotland.







The next two are scottish heather.










The next four are very interesting.  A group of volunteers had planted them.  One of them thought that they were in the "daisy family."  I will do more research when I get home.




















No comments:

Post a Comment